OSIL Systems Engineer (Oceanographic)
Ocean Scientific International Ltd is a leading supplier of bespoke environmental monitoring and sampling equipment. Using state of the art technology and innovation we deliver tailored solutions to an international customer base spanning marine, freshwater and terrestrial applications.
Due to ongoing expansion we are looking to recruit an additional Systems Engineer to assist with the design, build, installation of Met Ocean and scientific systems.
Joining the Systems Team, you will use your skills to assist in solving client problems then assisting with the design, build and install multi-instrument environmental monitoring platforms worldwide. This varied role will see you support the development of products, improve and add to the Systems Team capabilities. Teamwork is at the heart of this role as you work closely with the customer and experts from other organisations.
The role includes:
· Assist with the design and build of environmental monitoring systems
· Specifying and procuring components
· Testing and integrating equipment
· Configuring communications (VHF, GSM, Satellite)
· Configuration and testing of real-time data acquisition software
· Installation, commissioning and maintenance world-wide
· Preparation of technical documentation
· Remote support to clients
While you will be based at OSIL in Havant, Hampshire, you will also be required to work overseas and elsewhere within the UK.
· Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Science qualifications
· Experience with scientific or commercial instrumentation
· Strong computing and IT knowledge
· Able to work in the offshore environment
· Accurate analysis skills for both data and with high precision scientific instruments
Starting salary according to experience
Please apply in writing with CV to:
Kay Snooks, OSIL, Culkin House, C7/C8 Endeavour Business Park, Penner Road, Havant, Hampshire PO9 1QN, UK. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
OSIL are always interested to receive applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals.
C7/C8 Endeavour Business Park